RØB Severson (jabberwocky) wrote,
RØB Severson

  • Music:

Helpin' With They Bills

I woke up yesterday, May 10th, after two and a half (or so) hours of sleep--after all, I'd been working on laundry ALL NIGHT the night before. I put some clothes on (I'd had the decent foresight to shower the night before) and took off for graduation. I met up with my mom so she could give me the cap 'n' gown. It was sorta raining. I checked in, got my little card thingie, then went to sit down. Nobody told me where to sit, like someone told me they would, so I just sat wherever. I wasn't sitting with anyone I knew, but around 9:59AM (the general ceremony was to start at 10:00AM), Pat Walsh came up all inconspicuously, his cap and gown still in the bag/wrapping, took them out, put them on, and sat down. He was trying not to look at anything, so he didn't see me, but I went over to him. We had a few laughs while this speaker and that guy were sayin' whatever up at the stand. Then it was time to go to our separate school graduations. We went to the Webster Groves baseball field, where the Communications School ceremony was, but someone there told us we had to go to Sverdrup building first. Uh...okay! At some point, Pat and I had met up with this Angela girl who works at the Tivoli and who was graduating too. We hung out in Sverdrup for like 15 minutes with all the other Communications School graduates, for who-knows-what reason--after all, they'd said we should get the ceremonies going/done with as soon as possible, since the weather was so bad, and seemingly just getting worse. Finally, we filed out to the field, sat down, and an introduction speech was followed by a 10-or-so-minute speech by the alumni speaker guest guy. Then some students gave a mock debate sort of speech, that took another several minutes, then the Dean got back up and was like "Uhh, I'm very sorry, but we'll have to cut the ceremony short, the weather's getting too bad, please go home," et c. It all happened so suddenly, nobody really knew what to do, I don't think. Anyway, lots of folks left, some people (I found later) went to the Arts & Sciences commencement (in the gym, so no rain), and walked there (like I shoulda done, but there was tons of family, and tons of confusion, and tons of muck and rain, et c.), and then nobody was at the catered food tent. There were tons of crackers, and cheese cubes, and Pepperidge Farm cookies, and punch. Nobody was really there, so we raided that shit. Then we went to West County for the reception my parents were throwing me. It was a good time, I stuffed myself with sandwiches and honey dijon dressing, and cake, and cookies, and vegetables, and fruits, and Cheetos. Besides my family (sans Royce, plus Grandma, Grandma, and Grandpa); Linda Christley, Anne Anderson, Marles & Ken Lower (who hosted the event), and the Warners (Ron, Greg, Beth) showed up. Is that all? I think it might be. I got some cards with some ca$h and chexx, and then my parents were gonna take me out to dinner or something, but I was mega-stuffed still. So instead, they took me to my place so I could drop off some of the leftovers I'd snagged from the party, then back to campus so I could go to the other parties. I felt bad leaving them, but hey, this is my graduation night, for goodness' sake! So I went to the on-campus party at the alumni house, that was held for Eric Lauver and Lyndsey Brack and Matt Kleinberg and seven other people. It was fun; Adam Neal and Sutton Mora and Kerry Hayes were even there! We'd been driving behind Kerry (who still has that telltale Colorado "KERRYH" license plate) earlier, so I figured to expect him. Speaking of Kerry Hayes, I was talking to him, and he practially offered me a shoo-in job in Chicago, doing what he does now (working for a non-profit organization that sponsors various performances in Chicago; I can't remember what they're called right now), but unfortunately, I'd have to be ready to go in a month, and that shit ain't gonna happen. BummeR. I should definitely keep tabs on that, though, cuz it seems like an okay deal (though the pay's apparently shit). Alex and his girlfriend were also there, so some hanging out was the order of the day. They left with Josh Culpepper to hang out before going to the conservatory party, though. The alumni house party was catered by P'sghetti's, so there was lots of good food there, plus more cake, and chips, salad, et c. I also drank some Michelob Ultra (like four of 'em) that Lyndsey offered me.

The party really slowed down, so I went to Hannah & Amanda's. Amanda was there, and we hung out for awhile with her parents. It was brought to my attention that indeed no party was happening there that night, as was previously thought to be the case. So, Amanda went to the conservatory party, and I went to Shannon's parents' house in Kirkwood. It was a blast. It was fully catered, so I had the opportunity to stuff myself yet again (I'd later regret it). I drank a little more, and mainly hung out with Zack Bowersox and Keith Hueffmeier and Aaron Coffman, and Kyle Mayer and Coire Reilly and Hannah Wolfe (plus her brother Nate and her sister Sarah) were there, and Dan Nikolai, and Tiffany Hacker, and Shannon (of course), and Erik Palmore, Olivia Ray, some huge rottweilers, et c. et c. It was pretty huge. It sorta slowed down--well, not really, actually. There were actually as many people as had been there all night, it seemed, but for some reason it seemed like we should leave. Tiffany had said she was having some people over, so I went there. Coire and Lizz didn't show, even though they were supposed to be following Dan (Nikolai). I got there, and Chris Parr and Keith and Aaron and Stephanie Acosta & James and Ian and a handful of people were all there. I sorta fell asleep on the floor, on some pillows, which is basically all there was--floor with pillows. When I woke up, I felt sick, and I went to the bathroom and regretted eating all that food (mainly just what I had consumed at Shannon's), all over the toilet. Yuck. Cleaned myself up, hung around for a short while, realized I didn't really know why I was there, felt really sleepy (as I had all day, really), and just came back here, half-drunk, tired as shit, and still all dressed up. What a damned graduation day, eh? I woke up like at 1:30PM today. I guess that's the way it should be, though, right?

Now that that's finished (not only this entry, but mainly college in general), I guess I should start cleaning my room and moving into this apartment.

I'm goin' to PARIS at the end of May! It'll be like last year, hangin' with Andrew 'n' shit, only in France, 'steada Belgium. WAWOO!

Computer's boring me. LateR.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.