Squids took 2nd at Newstead--I was going it alone for the first round or two, then Autumn, then Switchblade, showed up. I have determined that Newstead Tower Pub is a wonderful, wonderful place for the following reasons:
1) $10 buckets of Stag (6 cans).
2) Tenacious Trivia Tuesday nights--the only place where Tenacious gets a little "scholastic"/"academic" as opposed to the "pop culture/entertainment" trivia they usually do. Plus Keith does it once in awhile.
3) I think a prerequisite to be on the staff there is "painful adorableness." And maybe "neck tattooed-ness" too.
4) It takes like 10 minutes more to train/bus there than it does just to drive. A mere 10 minutes!
5) All local/organic food!
6) Cheap beers outside of Stag.
7) Wood paneling.